• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
Releaf VIII
Releaf VIII

Wood: NZ Beech sp?
Length: 290mm (11 -1/4")
Thickness: 4mm

First piece for the year!
This piece is very similar to my last releaf . Someone fell in love with releaf VII after it was sold at our last exhibition so I suggested I could make another with some changes and send photos when finished.
The main leaf is airbrushed green instead of blue and I pierced the centre forming a leaf pattern rather than just having a hole. It was my first go at piercing and I think it worked out ok but it would have been easer if it had been about 2mm thick instead of 4mm.
The piece of wood had a few bug holes in it, I had thought of filling them but decided to leave them, which would give the piece more character.
Comments welcome.
Beautiful Robbie! Love those bug holes, glad you left them. Great carving and coloring, piercing works well with this. Im sure this will sell quickly too. Great work :)

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
Robbie Graham
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename