• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
Shades of Tiffany #7
Barry Todd

Shades of Tiffany #7

Another in my series of lidded boxes I call Shades of Tiffany. This piece combined pyrography and coloration in an attempt to duplicate the stained glass effect of the original Tiffany lamps. The "shade" is maple and the base was carved from old ebony in the form of a tree trunk, again to duplicate a form often used by Louis Comfort Tiffany/
@Walt Wager , No, Walt, there is no glass. It's all wood. The lines are pyrography nd the colors are transtint dyes mixed with my own finish and brushed onto each small section.

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
Barry Todd
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Device