• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
Stave constructed Vase
Alan Miotke

Stave constructed Vase

It's been a long time since I made a stave constructed vase so decided to see if I remember how and made this one. I am now inspired to make an adjustable jig similar to what Dan Swain showed in his AAW Journal article a few years ago. It's 9" tall with figured maple, bubinga, black veneer, and maple burl top. C&C always welcome.
Beyond the beautiful form and how superbly this is executed, I love the choice of species. They very much complement each other.

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
Alan Miotke
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename