• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
The GRAIL
JoWinter

The GRAIL

Hi all,
that's my interpretation of the grail. It's made for a customer from almond tree, a wood mistakable for cherry wood but it smells very intensiv like bitter almond in the workshop, even one week later.
The piece is 22x24 cm.
What do you think what you see and what yourself interpret when you see this objekt. The sphare is a box.
Please give your comments.
Jo
Hi Lou, Robert and Mike,
thanks for your compliments.
Lionel, you are right, the only way to turn that is to make the box outside and to put it inside in two halves.
But id would be very interesting for me what do you can imagine when you think about the association of "The GRAIL" ?
What is the grail ? Is it a real object ? Who knows at all what it is ?
I used my own imagination in association to my customer to make him a "GRAIL". But everybody can have his own
association and I'm interesting to know if you possibly have the same as I. Please don't be shy to give your own comments !
I think id would be very nice to give us mutually our imaginations of a object to advance our creativity in our objects
and myself I want to advance them with your help. That's would be very nice.
Thanks in advance Jo

Hi Lionel,
very interesting what you say. But you have also your own interpretation of the grail, and it is a very challenge to realise it for a woodturner. My respect for your dream. That's fantastic.

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
JoWinter
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Device