• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
The Rose Window
Jeff Hornung

The Rose Window

Hollow Maple ornament with stained glass illusion. Been a tough year, haven’t made or posted much of my own work anywhere. Father inlaw passed in August and my Dad passed in late October. Needless to say my creativity has been virtually non existent. Spent Thanksgiving week in New Mexico starting the process of dealing with FIL’s house and possessions. Took a little time that Friday just to goof around and I think I finally hit some kind of reset button. Finally got back in my own shop once we were home and worked this out. Inspired by Gothic cathedral architecture. 6.5” long by 2.25”
Sorry about the rough go recently. This is a cool piece though! I thought "Gothic" before I read your description.

Nice job Jeff, that black really sets off the colors! Sometimes life gets in the way of life as we know it; you deal with it and grow! Growth is good and so are you Brother!!

Media information

Album
Jeff Hornung’s Turnings
Added by
Jeff Hornung
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Device