• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
To Infinity......
Alan Carter

To Infinity......

My alternate title for this is "If anybody says Star Trek one more time, I'll launch a photon torpedo at them!"

Can't really escape the fact that there is definitely that influence there, though. I do like pieces with a lot of implied motion.

This will be on the CWA instant gallery table in Tampa.

Dyed and pierced figured maple, painted poplar

32"Wx9"Dx7"H

C&C always encouraged
Alan, youcertainly have captured your desire for "implied motion", Wow this is a long piece 32", fabulous creation & continuation of your series :)
Pete

I have to admit, Alan, my first impression was..., but then I saw your description and thought better about saying it. This piece as well as a lot of others does convey your message. Wonderful.

Alan......Your work is instantly recognizable, because your "style" is unique to you.....and it's very refined. Unlike turners like myself, who rely on nature to convey the message, your works always require a mental leap to come to a conclusion of your determination. You are a true artist.......

I'd be interested in seeing one of your early works......just to better understand your "evolution".

ooc

Ala,

I have grown to appreciate "Out of the Box" thinking and the works that follow.

Thanks for opening us up to your thoughts and works.

Tom

Many thanks for your comments. I appreciate them all. Odie, you can see more of my work at my website, www.alancarterstudio.com. They aren't in chornological order, but you can see a mix of older and new pieces.

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
Alan Carter
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename