• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
Twisted Pen Case
brian horais

Twisted Pen Case

This 8 inch tall twisted pen case was made from poplar and turned using a 3-point off-axis method. The internal pocket contains a pen with a twisted shape. Top and bottom are joined with a threaded section
Wow, Brian, this pen and case set offers all sorts of surprising twists and turns ... and clicks.

The twisted case is really nice. The fact that it is threaded and that te grain aligns is way too cool.

Most unusual. Threading is beyond my experience. Would have to make it a friction fit. Now, all I have to do is learn to do multi-axis turning.

Thanks Bill and John. John - if you take a look at the 'Links' page on my website: www.horais.com there are some tutorials on off-center / multi-axis turning. Also, Barbara Dill - who got me started down this path - has extensive information on her website: www.barbaradill.com
Enjoy!

This is one of the most "creative" turnings I've seen in a while. Simply superb, Brian! Now I know why many people refer to woodtuners as "Just Crazy", and I say that with a big smile as I try to write my twisted signature!

I had to go for a bike ride to figure this one out. 60 miles of peddling and I am no closer to the answer.
The case not a big problem, I have the treads down, but the three point off axis twist on a 1/2" pen blank..........
I have done some three sided/twisted pepper mills and am messing with some 5 sided so I am also twisted, but I am in AWE.

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
brian horais
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings

Image metadata

Filename