• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
Walnut Donut
Klaus Kirchner

Walnut Donut

Large Walnut Donut, approx. 28cm x 16cm
@Emiliano Achaval I had the woodturning Magazine a couple of years, just now i have the german Drechslermagazin and the AAW in pdf Format.. and i already encountered that i forgot reading the aaw mag for a couple of times cos it is in pdf Format and hence i jus save it for reading later ;-) ...Problem is… later means sometimes never hahaha..
Anyway, I made myself some Hand Tools like David Ellsworth mentions in his book on woodturning..to reach those hard to reach spots.. only the tourque involved with some of my Tools can be quite challanging. For many positions around the inside the trent bosch set of Tools is quite good, and for some of the regions they cannot work - i use my own self made ones. And now it Comes, ..just this week i made a slightly smaller Version of a similar shape, not so much undercut, but surprise..i didn't have any tool that would fit my desired wallthickness..uuurgh. Well, i didn't want to make new Tools, hence i ended up with a thicker wall thickness..and i hope the piece will not destroy itself while drying.. yeah… this is the daily struggle haha ;-)

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
Klaus Kirchner
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings

Image metadata

Device