• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
Wheel Of Delicacy #8 Mora Garden
michael alguire

Wheel Of Delicacy #8 Mora Garden

Wheel Of Delicacy #8 in my latest series , this piece was fun like all the others and is a remake of my first wheel ever made same size but different wood and the flowers are different color as well.
The piercing is a lot better than my first one so i think the practice has been paying off. I tried a different stand but not sure i like it , ill post a picture and you can tell me what you think . The stand i just used mdf and beveled the edges and i used a can of wall spackling you can buy at wal mart for texturing your wall prior to painting. To me i think the stand might be to big and bulky , doesn't fit with the whole delicacy theme, anyway let me know what you think.
wood is Mora excelsa, M. gonggrijpii
i used tightbond for the joint ,and a few light coats of linseed oil, acrylic paint for the flowers ,and woodburner prior to painting.
NSK turbine was my choice of weapon for the piercing, other than the inside , i had to use a turbine you get off ebay with the angled head.
after the piece was finished i sealed the colors to add protection with krylon matt finish.
7 " in diameter with an inside diameter of 3.50 " and 2" inches wide. wall thickness of .070 "

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
michael alguire
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings

Image metadata

Device