• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
Zebra wood platter
R

Zebra wood platter

13 inch platter featuring pyrography and alcohol based dyes. Still exploring and learning more about what really calls to me....and having some fun along the way
Hi Richard:
Very nice work. The pyrograph and dyes go very well together. I like the leaf background isn't completely black - seems to give it more depth. The leaves are well done and I really like the colour! Well done!
Cheers.
Barry W. Larson
Calgary, Alberta, Canada eh!

I like this Richard--good mix of "let the wood speak" and embellishment. Is the middle bowl turned off-center, or is that just an illusion from the photo?

Hi Richard:
Very nice work. The pyrograph and dyes go very well together. I like the leaf background isn't completely black - seems to give it more depth. The leaves are well done and I really like the colour! Well done!
Cheers.
Barry W. Larson
Calgary, Alberta, Canada eh!
Thanks Barry!

I like this Richard--good mix of "let the wood speak" and embellishment. Is the middle bowl turned off-center, or is that just an illusion from the photo?
Thank you for the kind words Michael The bowl is turned on-center…..I’m afraid it’s my poor photography skills that are a bit off-center. The rim also has a fair deep undercut but, alas, my photography skills missed showing that as well.

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
Richard Patrick
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Device