• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Jim Hills for "Journey II" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 6th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

10" cigar canister

Well today I finished one of the four projects I have going this is a 10" tall 2.5 ID Sapele w/ a Teak stripe Cigar canister.

Sorry for that I didn't realize it would let you post photos larger than allowed.

Bruce

Last edited:

Dennis J Gooding

Beta Tester
Beta Tester
Very nice piece Bruce. The stripe almost looks like a natural figure in the wood. One technical comment; the file sizes of the images is far too large. It takes an age to load them.

Thank you Dennis maybe these will be better for you We have high speed cable internet so it's not an issue here.

Attachments

• 100_6676.JPG
    100_6676.JPG
    29.5 KB · Views: 53
  • 100_6677.JPG
    100_6677.JPG
    23.4 KB · Views: 36
  • 100_6678.JPG
    100_6678.JPG
    23.9 KB · Views: 34
  • 100_6679.JPG
    100_6679.JPG
    24.7 KB · Views: 34
  • 100_6680.JPG
    100_6680.JPG
    20.9 KB · Views: 37

Mark Hepburn

Artist & Chef
Bruce,

That's a very nice piece.

Bill Boehme

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
pbase.com
Bruce, please follow the forum rules for posting images in the forum. All five of the images in your first post are far larger than allowed. Please edit your post to either remove them or replace them with smaller images. Otherwise, I will need to delete this thread -- and I really don't want to do that. Also, for showing your work, one or two images is normally sufficient unless discussing aspects where others ask to see a different view such as a close-up of some part of the turning.

For showing new work, I would encourage you to take advantage of the gallery.

Last edited:
Bruce, please follow the forum rules for posting images in the forum. All five of the images in your first post are far larger than allowed. Please edit your post to either remove them or replace them with smaller images...

Hard to believe the forum software doesn't provide some way to automate this policy by rejecting images beyond some threshold size.

Ken

Bill Boehme

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
pbase.com
Hard to believe the forum software doesn't provide some way to automate this policy by rejecting images beyond some threshold size.

Ken

I know that feature is used on several other forums that uses vBulletin 3.X. I don't know about vBulletin 4.X that we use since I don't have admin privileges. The pop-up window for managing attachments doesn't show the file size limits that the previous version did. Sometimes things change for the worse when software is sold to another company. After Jelsoft sold vBulletin to Internet Brands a number of years ago, the software development team began to change. A number of former vBulletin developers started a competing product called XenForo.

The gallery software, PhotoPost, that is used here does have the ability to automatically limit image size and number of images posted per day.

Anyway, it would be nice if some of these requirements were incorporated into the software. It would make the mods happier and members would be spared those "oops moments" when they forget to verify the file size before uploading. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll put it on our wish list.

Inconsistencies in guidelines? perhaps...

Snip]
Anyway, it would be nice if some of these requirements were incorporated into the software. It would make the mods happier and members would be spared those "oops moments" when they forget to verify the file size before uploading. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll put it on our wish list.

I'll try to resurrect the details, but in general when I was figuring out how to post pictures inline in threads, and reading the rules and guidelines in 2 or 3 different places, it seems some of the instructions weren't updated to the most recent maximum size allowed (which is much better/higher than the older restrictions). It was confusing! If I go back and pretend I don't know, I could suss out those inconsistencies.

Photo Limitations?

So is there a limitation on how many photos your allowed to post here all together per day - week- month?
I usually show how I made something as well as the finished product to help the people trying to learn and who may not understand how I got the results that I've shown.

Bruce

Bruce-since there are restrictions, I am wondering why (for instance in this thread) you have so many pictures of the same thing with just a little different turn. Not sure it adds anything. Thought the same thing on some of your other posts. Just my opinion, Gretch

Gretch On most sites I post on I'll post 12 or more photos w/ all angles and shots as I was making the piece I slowed it down here.

Bruce
Bruce-I could see it if there were different angles ,dimensions as in furniture or different figure on the opposite side, ....But this piece was symetric. Now taking the pictures is a different story, as you would like to cull, and keep the best!!!!!. Keep coming with your atristic items. They are great!!!!! Gretch

Back