• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

2 captive ring

Hey yall.
Got another captive ring pen. as yall can see I tried 2 rings this time used purpleheart and maple. Unfortunatly the maple burned a little when tring to release it. It was tooo close to the tube to sand out oh well. Hope yall like

Attachments

• DSCI00011.JPG
    DSCI00011.JPG
    25.6 KB · Views: 417
Hi Jude!

First post on this forum. Wondered why you didn't already have other comments... :confused:
Saw this pen on another forum. I like it. The idea of captive rings on a pen is a novel one. They'd get in my way, and I'd get mad, but I still like it. :D
Just a thought, concerning the burn... have you tried a little bleach followed by vinegar? i.e., apply the bleach, allow a little time for it to work, then put a squelch to the lightening effect with a little vinegar... I've heard that this wood work on would.... :eek: would work on wood. :p Never tried it, but if it's not too late....

Thanks for the reply. the rings do dot get in the way (I thought they woud also) they just fall and stay. Never thought of bleach it's worth a try. I think I will intentionaly burn one and try before I try it on the pen.
Thanks again
Jude

Back