• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

2006 Symposium "Return to the Community"

Website
www.woodturner.org
During our AAW Symposium each year, we have a "Return to the Community" project. This year in Louisville, we will collect Christmas ornaments. They will be delivered to
Kosair Children's Hospital in Louisville

Each year the hospital collects ornaments and decorated trees and auctions them or sells them outright to raise money. Last year they raised almost $400,000 to help the kids in need. Consider turning some ornaments, or having your chapter turn as many Christmas ornaments as they can. Either bring them to the symposium or mail them to:
Greg Streif
7308 Abbott Glen Dr.
Crestwood, Ky., 40014
gregstreif@insightbb.com

This is a great opportunity for your chapter members to have some real fun while building their turning skills and at the same time, help sick kids in need. What a deal!

If you have any questions, contact Greg as shown above. Please feel free to post questions here and I'll get them answered.

At our last meeting, club President Bob Walker made the announcement. He also tried to commandeer two birdhouse ornaments that I brought in for Show and Tell! Later, I let him know that those ornaments were for other obligations and that more ornaments would follow for Louisville!

Website
www.woodturner.org
This has been on the stuck area of the forum for a long time. I hope people are considering what they will turn for the youths. This is for a good cause.

I'm unsticking this from the top of the forum.

Back