• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

2006 Symposium

Website
www.bowlturner.com
Hello all,

I was just wondering if anyone knows why the next symposium will run from Thursday through Saturday instead of the traditional Friday through Sunday.

Also, I have a few pics of the 2005 K.C. Symposium on my web site. It is mostly the vendors area. But I have some of the instant gallery that I will be adding this weekend.

http://www.bowlturner.com/symposium2005.htm

Best wishes,
Dave

Unsure.............

but I would suspect it is an attempt to allow attendees to arrive home in time to start a new week. The current setup requires, vacation time in two work weeks. The new scheduling would require only one. Again this is merely my reasoning and may not be very accurate. :eek:

Website
www.woodturner.org
Dave - I am pretty sure the symposium moved to (Thur-Sat) instead of (Fri-Sun) next year because reservations were not made early enough. My understanding is that it is too late to change it at this point for that particular conference hall.

Angelo

President Emeritus
Website
www.majicbrand.com
Jeff, that's not 100% accurate.

The reservation was made in plenty of time ( we work 2 to 3 years out)

The Galt House had a conflict in the scheduling of our symposium and another event that "MUST" happen on the Sunday. Since we have, in the past, varied the days that the symposium will run depending on availability we chose to stay with the Galt House and not choose a different venue.

It seems that the vendors like the idea as it gives them a day to get back to thier normal routine and from what I see in the posts above the membership does not seem to mind either.

It would be interesting to have a poll to see what the membership thinks.

Angelo

Steve Worcester

Admin Emeritus
Website
www.turningwood.com
Angelo said:
It seems that the vendors like the idea as it gives them a day to get back to thier normal routine and from what I see in the posts above the membership does not seem to mind either.
Angelo
I think it was a surprise to the vendors also, at least the ones I talked to.

Steve Worcester said:
I think it was a surprise to the vendors also, at least the ones I talked to.

Da Shadow has Spoken.

This, plus revelation of the identity of Deep Throat, extinguishes all of the Level One mysteries in my life. It's all down hill from here! :D

No problem with the Thurs-Sat routine; leaves me a full day to sober up. :rolleyes:

M

Back