• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

2009 EOG Applications -Open

Website
texaswoodshavings.com
EOG Grant - GO FOR IT!!!!

Being a recipient of an EOG grant, I would encourage people to think about it. Especially if you have a dream and can't afford it.

I just spent the last year bringing a small Jet mini lathe, purchased with the EOG grant, up to a High School and Junior High. Out of the 100 kids that I demonstrated to, only about 3 knew what a wood lathe was. I have more plans this year to demonstrate, plus I'm talking with the counselors to maybe personally mentor troubled kids.

I have only been turning for two years now, yes, I am addicted to it. But there is nothing like seeing kids minds spin in amazement at something they have never seen.

If anybody has any questions about filling out the application, please feel free to ask.

You don't have to be an expert, just a little imagination, and a dream.

Matt Rabe
Matt@texaswoodshavings.com

My site http://www.texaswoodshavings.com

Last edited:
Back