• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

3M Versaflo M-407 Breathe Easy PAPR vs Trend Airshield Pro

Trend Airshield Pro is top heavy. The battery charger on Amazon and the box shows a blue square; Mike from Trend said those haven't been available for the last three years and to let him know if I'm not getting eight hours out of the battery. It came with a cheap feeling set of ear defenders. I had my first dustless turning/sawing day. The ear defenders were very convenient when I fired up the band saw. I went to bed without my lungs complaining. The helmet fan noise was not bad. The air was cool. It did not fog. It's available on Amazon with ear defenders for $370. I liked this helmet.

Emiliano Archaval posted about his M-407 paired with a Breathe Easy. I ordered the parts from eBay.

M-407: $176 + $25 shipping
No box, unused
Breathe easy Turbo: 022-00-03 51 + 20
New, open box
Hose: 520-01-00R01 19 + 0
No box, new
Three purple filters: 450-00-01 25 + 0
New
BP-15 battery and BC-210 smart charger: 60 + 30
New old stock (2005 for both)

Over a month of use on the Airpro. I love the fresh air. It's not too hot in the summer. My lungs feel great/normal at the end of the day. Top heaviness is not an issue. I wear it chainsawing, bandsawing, turning... The ear cups do not stay connected. They came with my Amazon purchase and will need to be jury rigged to stay in place.

I have the 3m breath easy that goes aroun my waist like it alot, but it is expensive and the batteries are also not given away. Have had it for 15years and still going strong.

Back