• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Break time!

For music, I have an exceptional radio station locally, KRVM (keeping real variety in music). They also have radio broadcasting classes for a couple of the local high and middle schools. Programs from Country Classics, going back into the 20's, to Swing Shift (again going back into the 20's), to Breakfast with the Blues 7 days a week with a different volunteer DJ every day, and no news..... Two things I missed out on that would have given me some thing other than PE to get straight A's in were shop classes, and the radio broadcasting.... They are Streaming if any one is interested.... Oh, most of the programming is aimed at those of us who grew up with the Beatles, and Wilson Pickett, the Beach Boys, Motown, Elvis, and Rock and Roll in general....

robo hippy

robo, I worked for a radio station many years ago. That type of format was classed as AOR- all over the road.

Mark Hepburn

Artist & Chef
I still have cassette tapes from days gone by. Anyone remember the 8 track tapes? My parents had a bunch of them. My favorite was the themes from Clint Eastwood's spaghetti westerns.

John, I do remember 8-tracks very .........................................

.....................(thunk)................................... ..................well!

Seems they always managed to change track during the best part of the song.

Back