• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Delta 14 bandsaw whee bearing replacement

Does anyone have any information on proper arrangement of the "bearing loading springs" for the rear bearing of the driven lower wheel? When I took the rear bearing out I failed to pay attention to how the two wavy springs were oriented and now I'm a bit confused, since there are several possibilities for their arrangement. Saw is 1982 28-240, part number is 46.

I'm replacing both upper and lower wheel bearings and have learned a bunch, not as simple as it might look. Will appreciate any info and will be glad to share what I've learned.

There is a site https://owwm.org/ that has a lot of info on delta machines. I used to frequent but haven't for a while. I know I found rebuild info for a 14" band saw there one time (but never finished) saw is in pieces still.

I muddled onward with help from my ex-machine shop instructor. The bandsaw is now back together and seems to be running just fine. I'll be glad to share what I learned about how it works, where to get some old parts, and whatever else I can offer. It was more complicated than I expected but came out well in the end.

Back