• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Dyed big leaf Maple sunset Bowl

Website
www.woodwandering.com
First post in the forums, hopefully I've followed the forum rules. I see the photo gallery is under construction, but thought I'd post my first attempt at using wood dye. `I've been turning about 3 years and I have trouble drawing stick figures so letting the wood do the drawing is a big advantage for me. Only used paper towels and sand paper, no brushes.
sunset bowl.jpg

Another dyed bowl and some other stuff I did can be seen in my AAW member profile or
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1047297028644659.1073741826.100000931152935&type=3

That's beautiful, James. Glad to hear I'm not the only one who didn't pass stick-figure class.:eek: So, you like BLM, eh? Drive over here to the Great Northwest and we'll fill your rental car.

Back