• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Got my "American Wood Turner" today

Of course I just looked at the pictures first.....it very humbling........then I saw an article by Al on his sand blasting that he has posted pictures of turnings that show off that technique....., Then the ball game is coming on so I was saving the rest during my stress test tomorrow, but an article by Henry Doolittle sort of grabbed me......he is doing the future now.......he may be technically way ahead of me, but his explanation s tempt me ...,...maybe I get a Trump tax return......wonders never cease

john lucas

AAW Forum Expert
I guess the mailman isn't done with mine either. Maybe it will come today before I leave for a funeral in Indiana. Then I'll have something to read during the waiting times.

hockenbery

Forum MVP
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
www.hockenberywoodturning.com
Read most of the journal electronically. The mail is on the way.
The December Journal has a Florida Flavor with the articles about Dixie Biggs and the Masons donation and Don Geiger's, Walt Wager's and my article.

The articles by @Emiliano Achaval and @AlanZ give it a forum contributor flavor.

And David Springette is one of the most creative turners I have met.

Mark Hepburn

Artist & Chef
Up here in Alaska, chances are my mailman hasn't started reading mine yet. ;)

Zach, Let's hope he's not a turner because then you lose not only your magazine but a potential customer too! LOL

Back