• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Greg Gallegos

Hi Everyone! My name is Greg and I have been turning for about 20 years and full time for 10. As hard as it is to believe up until last month, I had never been around anyone else that turned or turned in front of anyone. I was lucky enough to be asked to teach some classes at Campbells Hands on Retreat. It was a great experience and I am hungry for more. I really found it rewarding and humbling to be able to teach and watch how others approach the craft. Talking with other turners there was very insightful and exciting. Kind of like opening a whole new world. So now my focus is on demoing as much as I can and also work on new pieces for gallery submissions. I think being around other like minded individuals has given me the confidence to take that next step. I am 44 and have 4 children, 2 of which are older and 2 still in school. The kids getting older has allowed me to make these next steps. I am excited to be a part of the forum and look forward to getting to know more people that are as passionate about woodturning as I am. ThanksIMG_7737.JPG IMG_8269.JPG IMG_7369.JPG IMG_8231.JPG IMG_7334.JPG IMG_8250.JPG IMG_8249.JPG IMG_6448_clipped_rev_1.jpeg

Back