• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Harmony Tool Company

Does anyone here have information on the Harmony Tool Company?
I was looking for a steady rest and came across their Facebook page. The most recent post is 2020.
Has anyone bought an iris steady rest from them?

Last edited:
I was curious so I did some searching and found this. I wouldn't get my hopes up for this ever being available after seeing how he is manufacturing them. It probably takes more than a week to machine all the parts for a single steady rest with that baby cnc machine. I would bet he finally realized he was spending $800 to make a $250 item and moved on.

Edit: My curiosity got the better of me and i looked a little deeper. He did move on and co founded Inversion Space in early 2021 in the garage he was using to build the iris, so it is no more.

Screenshot_20240118_195853_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
I was curious so I did some searching and found this. I wouldn't get my hopes up for this ever being available after seeing how he is manufacturing them. It probably takes more than a week to machine all the parts for a single steady rest with that baby cnc machine. I would bet he finally realized he was spending $800 to make a $250 item and moved on.

Edit: My curiosity got the better of me and i looked a little deeper. He did move on and co founded Inversion Space in early 2021 in the garage he was using to build the iris, so it is no more.

View attachment 59490
Greg, I became cautious after seeing there were no recent posts on the company facebook page. The price also seemed to good to be true

Back