• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

lathe sale price

berniewood said:
First it depends on what it is, brand and size. For use machinery in general I will typically pay about 50% of retail unless I really want it and it is in like new condition. Then I may go 60%. If it is an in demand lathe you could probably get more.

This expresses my basic sentiments on the subject but I'd add one more thing. That's the issue of shipping. If the sale is local (within a hundred miles) of my location I'm probably willing to pay more than if I have to ship a couple of hundred pounds clear across the country.

Back