• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Jim Hills for "Journey II" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 6th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Looking for ideas - Bagel shaped plaque

I've been asked to make a plaque to award to the winner of a bagel themed race. I've been playing with ideas in my head, but nothing that sticks. Possibly turn a bagel/donut shape about 8" in diameter, slightly flatten one side and glue it to a plate.... Possibly make a "bagel bowl" - like a bagel cut in half with the inner bread removed, leaving the bottom of the "bowl" flat in the middle where the hole would be (would require some very delicate work at the junction of the bagel hole and the back)....

Any suggestions cheerfully received. Thanks.

David

hockenbery

Forum MVP
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
www.hockenberywoodturning.com
Interesting challenge.

Is there wording to go on the plaque?
Is it a serious event or a parody?

I would consider a small platter with turned bagel glued on and possibly a stand made from a turned bagel

Maybe a bite taken from the bagel

And most important is the bagel. Plain, sesame seed, poppy seed …? Cream cheese or not?

Have fun! Show us what you come up with

Back