• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

made a tool rest jig for my Joyner offset jig

I used purple heart because I have scraps of it right now.

turn piece round
Sanded to 600
Use my Robert Sorby Micro Texture tool (and sand with 600 again – this has the sawdust not blown out to show the texture better). I do this because pendants always flip around.
Robust has a flat tool rest that I purchased
I made a jig for the top of the tool rest.
The bottom of the Jig does have a .25” lip to keep to square on the tool rest and I make use of the metal post by having a hole in the jig
Leave enough room for the Joyner Jig to be removed to change the offsets
Use the Excel program to pre-plan your pattern
You can see my diamond pointed carbide tool just fits in the slots in the jig I made
Using the jig means I know exactly where to place my tool again for the next cut
Finish and attach the jewelry findings

part 1.jpgpart 2.jpg
IMG_0207.jpg

Back