• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Mail order Safety Glasses

Website
www.timsworkshop.com
A week or two back, there was a discussion (I think in an unrelated thread) about safety shields and safety eyewear in general. Someone (I can't find the thread now, no idea which forum or even the title!) provided a link to Zenni Optical.

I checked them out, the pricing didn't seem too bad. Went to my optometrist's office and got a copy of my prescription. Placed an order almost exactly a week ago (Friday night or Saturday night, maybe Sunday). Got the 'in process' confirmation Monday, a ship notification Thursday. Checked tracking yesterday, and it had no delivery data and was still in California (I am in PA). Checked again today, it was out for delivery and the estimated delivery was July 6. Even though my local post office had it out for delivery - as in, our mail carrier had it on his truck to deliver today :)

They look pretty good. Fit well, and the progressive focal works great. Not bad for a bit over $100! (I ordered an additional case - I needed one anyway). So far I am pleased. Of course, I have worn them about long enough to make this post....

The small frame picture is with my regular glasses. The black frame are the Zennis. Came complete with side shields. Z87 compliant frame, lenses, and side shields. Would shop there again :)

Attachments

• 2022-07-02-154509.jpg
    2022-07-02-154509.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 18
  • 2022-07-02-154452.jpg
    2022-07-02-154452.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 18
  • 2022-07-02-125713.jpg
    2022-07-02-125713.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 18
Website
www.timsworkshop.com
Only thing missing is the large ID number on this mug shot. Wait....I think I saw this guy's photo at the Post Office. :D ;)

I, um, edited out the number. Yeah, that's what I did. The other guy must be my evil twin or something like that.... :p:cool:

The Hunchback Of Notre Dame Jail GIF

Funny thing about your comment - one of my first full time jobs was an emergency dispatcher for our town (we had out own dispatch center, did not use the county dispatch). The emergency operation center was physically in the police station. Since I worked overnights, one of my 'other duties as assigned' was processing arrest packets - which involved matching up mug shots with the photo log, then sorting the pictures for their various destinations - along with filling out the fingerprint cards and other stuff in the packets then sorting those things for the various places they had to go - central repository, originating agency (we processed for a couple of local departments), state police, FBI, mug books. Fun stuff, as I got to see EVERY arrest that happened, including the charges. Not surprised as all when I saw the names of certain former classmates from high school...some more than once. Fun job, stress levels you would not believe, though. One reason I don't do that anymore.

Last edited:
Back