• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Will Armstrong for "Gold Carved Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 20th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Oneway Easy Core 24" vs 16"

I have an Easy Core for my lathe with a 24" swing. Can the same base be used on a lathe with a 16" swing? Is it just a matter of using shorter metal posts inside the base unit? Thanks.

The knife sets do have adjustable height on them, but you need a separate base for use on a 16 inch lathe. I have one base for my Robust, and one for my Liberty, a 16 inch Robust that they no longer make. The blades for the 24 inch will still work, but the posts on the blades will be too long. Do contact Oneway, they will help you out.

robo hippy

Website
www.riccsdesigns.com
I have an Easy Core for my lathe with a 24" swing. Can the same base be used on a lathe with a 16" swing? Is it just a matter of using shorter metal posts inside the base unit? Thanks.
YES!, My friend Gary and I shared the cost of a Easy Core system. We bought the set to fit his Robust Am Beauty 25" swing and then bought the extra set of posts from Oneway to fit my 20" PM3520. Each set of posts have a steel plug in the bottom (locked in with a set screw) that the knives spin on. the plug is removable. The plugs in the posts for the Robust are longer than the plugs in the posts for the PM3520.

As mentioned above, the knives have an adjustment for height. We set the knives to be at proper cutting height for his Robust. Put the knives in the post for my PM3520 and they were about an 1/8" below center for me. I just took the plugs out and dropped a fender washer into the post, reinserted the plugs and was dead on center.

Another guy in our club has to different lathes with different swings. He set the knives for cutting on center for the lathe with the highest swing. Then for the other lathe to cut at center height he cut some new plugs out of steel rod he had on hand the proper length.

Back