• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Oneway paint color match

My Oneway lathe is looking a little tired from use (myself and previous owner). I would like to give her a refresh of sorts and clean EVERYTHING including fixing some paint chips. Has anyone ever painted their lathe and know the color Oneway uses?

Much appreciated and thanks for any input on color!

hockenbery

Forum MVP
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
www.hockenberywoodturning.com
My Oneway lathe is looking a little tired from use (myself and previous owner). I would like to give her a refresh of sorts and clean EVERYTHING including fixing some paint chips. Has anyone ever painted their lathe and know the color Oneway uses?

Much appreciated and thanks for any input on color!

My ONEWAY came with touch up paint.
ONEWAY could tell you the color.

If Oneway confirms the type of paint (oil based vs. water/latex based), take a painted part to a good paint store and have them mix a small batch of paint for you, color matched to the component you brought in.

Or, go nuts and paint the chips with a complementary color. Think polka-dots and Dalmatians. Why not?! Visit a hobby store for small bottle of enamel paint used for model airplanes. Bright red touch-ups would be a conversation starter...

I had contacted Oneway asking if they sold touch-up paint and the response was:
"Tremclad Recreation white is a very good match."
I assume that means they don't. Unfortunately that is hard to get. Tremclad is sold by Rust-Oleum but I think that is a Canada only color, can't find it in the USA.

I had contacted Oneway asking if they sold touch-up paint and the response was:
"Tremclad Recreation white is a very good match."
I assume that means they don't. Unfortunately that is hard to get. Tremclad is sold by Rust-Oleum but I think that is a Canada only color, can't find it in the USA.
Amazon has it, it's just really pricey! I just sent an email to Rust-Oleum asking for the American equivalent

Last edited:
I read this thread when it came out. I clicked on the Rust-Oleum connection from one of the messages.
Today in my email, I got an email from Amazon showing me a can of white Rust-oleum paint........for $38+.
They notice everything you do on this darn computer.

I read this thread when it came out. I clicked on the Rust-Oleum connection from one of the messages.
Today in my email, I got an email from Amazon showing me a can of white Rust-oleum paint........for $38+.
They notice everything you do on this darn computer.
Yep. My coworker showed me a video of a Mongolian heavy metal band called The Hu, on his phone. Guess what showed up on my YouTube feed later that day on my device.

Back