• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Jim Hills for "Journey II" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 6th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Remote Revisited

My 2 HP Jet dust collector remote quit working. Jet sent me a new {switch?} to replace the one in the black box. It still didn't work. Jet said they'd send the complete black box but it would be a month for delivery. In the mean time I ordered the 220 remote from Penn State Industries based on recommendations from several here. It came today and when I attached it and attempted to use it here's what happened. I pushed the green on button on the collector and it started. I used the remote and it turned the unit off. It would not restart from the remote. I have to start it from the green button on the machine. Funny that the Jet remote did just the opposite. It will turn it on but not turn it off. I hate to have two remotes, one for on and one for off.

Do you think there's something amiss with the black box or could I have connected it wrong? Thanks for your input.

The Jet may have the type switch that kicks out when power is cut (maybe magnetic) and will only restart when it own power switch is used . The longranger depends upon the power switch on the machine being left on at all times. Maybe someone more technical will give you a better reason.

Bill Boehme

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
pbase.com
.... Do you think there's something amiss with the black box or could I have connected it wrong? Thanks for your input.

I'm suspecting the latter unless you have an uncanny knack for getting defective equipment.

Have you considered duct taping the two remotes together. :D

Back