• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Rikon replacement LED

I bought a Rikon Grinder a couple years ago. The LED bulb in the flexible neck lamp has gone bad. I am having trouble finding a replacement bulb. The threads on the bulb base seems to be something non-standard in the US. I've been to several stores like Batteries Plus Bulbs with no luck. So far, the place where I bought it has not come through with any info. Can anyone identify a replacement bulb or what the bulb base threads are called, so I can search on the internet?

Hmm, there were goose neck lamps on the 1 hp Rikon grinders I bought, but they wouldn't get any where near where I needed them, so I removed them. Not sure if I even have the parts left any more.... Aftermarket lamps do far better.

robo hippy

Tom Gall

TOTW Team
Like Robo, I pretty much found that light to be useless. I added a flat metal plate (mending plate?) to the top of the grinder. I think I used something like double-sided foam to attach the plate to the top of the grinder. Also, four cabinet rubber bumpers to the corners of the plate to compensate for the curvature of the motor. Then attached an adjustable light with a magnetic base.
Just took a couple of photos on my phone (new to me) and have no idea how to send/attach them here. :( :rolleyes:

I glued a large nut to the top of my grinder so my magnetic base (old speaker magnet) can hold my $10 Ikea flex lamp.

I had the same issue. These are an E14 like has been said and very easy to find. But the gooseneck is useless and a bad design because you have to turn on the grinder for the light to work. And the gooseneck is too short.

Yes, such a stupid light on an otherwise nice machine. Gooseneck too short, light too dim and blue, no separate switch. Why did they bother?

Back