• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Robust -- American Beauty 'Standard Bed'

Status
Not open for further replies.
I purchased this lathe less than six months ago as a floor model from a dealer in NY. Unfortunately, life circumstances have caught up with me and I'm now having to downsize my entire wood shop starting with what I thought would be my 'forever' lathe. I'm not 100% certain but I would guess this machine has less than 100 turning hours on it. The specs and associated costs for the machine is as follows:

American Beauty standard bed $8995.00
3HP motor upgrade $330
Tool Caddy $59
Tilt Away $850
Gas Assist for the Tilt away $149
Vacuum Adapter $109
Auxillary 110V power box $79

Additionally, the machine comes with Robust face plate, knock-out bar, and 12" Robust straight tool rest'
TOTAL: $10,571

I'm asking $8,950.00 NOT including shipping...that's on any potential buyer.

Anyone who has been lurking and hoping for this same machine will see that this is more than a fair price...at least in my opinion.

The machine is located on the ground floor of my garage with direct access to the driveway/street and I'm located in central Maryland.

I can be reached via e-mail at Tuckerswoodturning@gmail.com

Lathe.jpg

I just picked up the same machine/options a few months ago, or I'd be interested. I couldn't be happier. :cool:

Donna Banfield

TOTW Team
John, I'm sorry to hear of the change in circumstances that force you to sell your Robust AB.

In 2021, I ordered the same lathe - but long bed - with same accessories (minus the tool caddy) but also the outboard tool rest. I paid well over $11,000 and I don't regret a penny. I only regret not switching from Oneway to Robust sooner. Brent has made a lathe that ages right along with us. As we get older, it's harder to remove the tailstock, harder to bend over the bed to hollow out the interior of bowls; essentially all the things that keep us from doing the stuff 'we used to be able to do', Brent has taken care of. That's a good deal for anyone looking for their 'truly' last lathe they will ever need.

John, I'm sorry to hear of the change in circumstances that force you to sell your Robust AB.

In 2021, I ordered the same lathe - but long bed - with same accessories (minus the tool caddy) but also the outboard tool rest. I paid well over $11,000 and I don't regret a penny. I only regret not switching from Oneway to Robust sooner. Brent has made a lathe that ages right along with us. As we get older, it's harder to remove the tailstock, harder to bend over the bed to hollow out the interior of bowls; essentially all the things that keep us from doing the stuff 'we used to be able to do', Brent has taken care of. That's a good deal for anyone looking for their 'truly' last lathe they will ever need.
Totally agree, Donna! I had a Jet 1642 for 15 years and upgraded to a Robust AB (standard bed) earlier this year. Couldn't be happier!

John,
I’m sad for you that you need to sell your AB.
If I didn’t already have a Stubby S750, a Vicmarc VL300, and just agreed to purchase a Stubby S1000 I would be at your door. I am not far away and have the hoist, trailer, straps, etc. to load and transport it safely, if there is someone in the DE/MD/PA area within 100 miles of Newark, DE who would like a hand moving it just cover gas and tolls and I’ll help. You will not regret it - one of the very best lathes out there!!!

DM me if you need help moving it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back