• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Shout out to Terry Martin for his Zoom presentation for our local club

Website
www.turnrobust.com
Hi All, last night Terry Martin from Australia did a two hour Zoom presentation for my local club, Badger Woodturners. It was honestly the best woodturning Zoom presentation I've ever participated in.

Terry didn't do any turning, but discussed design and execution at length. His presentation to us focused on bowl and platter rims - design and decoration. He had an extensive array of images from his work and others. The discussion was lively, entertaining and informative. I liked that Terry took the time before his presentation to look at our club's member gallery and was able to reference that during his presentation.

For those of you not familiar with Terry, check out past AAW articles on the main site. He's authored almost 40 by my count. There are also a number of YouTube videos featuring Terry. If you'd like Terry to do a presentation for your club, you can contact him through his website. http://www.terrymartinwoodartist.com/ I highly recommend it.

Last edited:
He is a real inspiration to me. I don't like all of his work but his imaginative and open approach to design is admirable. The Creative Woodturner is a valued addition to my bookshelf.

Really enjoyed Terry's presentation ... excellent and thought-provoking work he has done!

Website
www.turnrobust.com
Hi everybody, just wanted to let you know our club hosted Terry Martin again via Zoom for a couple of hours. This time the topic was "creativity". As before, he was well prepared with great visual aids. Q&A session was lively and informative. If your club is looking for something a little above the ordinary for a remote demo, I urge you to contact Terry. He's easy to find.

Website
www.ovwg.org
Hi everybody, just wanted to let you know our club hosted Terry Martin again via Zoom for a couple of hours. This time the topic was "creativity". As before, he was well prepared with great visual aids. Q&A session was lively and informative. If your club is looking for something a little above the ordinary for a remote demo, I urge you to contact Terry. He's easy to find.
Hey Brent, Terry does really nice work and posts a lot of it on The WoW's website. I especially like his burl winged bowls with feet!

Website
www.ovwg.org
Wrong Terry, Gabriel. That's Terry Scott (NZ). Terry Martin is from Australia, I believe. He also does amazing work.
Oh yes, I think Terry S does that type of work but you're right, Terry S does live in NZ. I think Terry M may be on WoW but I would have to check...

Edit: I checked and Terry M is not on WoW so my bad Tom!

Last edited:
Back