• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to John Shannon for "Walnut Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 27, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Spinning UFOs land on Coffee Hour

Kai Koethe showed us wonderful way to make spinning UFO tops with flashing lights, along with a skookum spinner to get them going. From Lancaster Woodturners Coffee Hour for Dec 30, 2021. Coffee Hour is free and open to all woodturners at 10 am ET every Thursday morning message me if you'd like a link. Here's the link to Kai's 8-minute video clip:
View: https://youtu.be/8jZMSpKdrFA

That's great fun! If my granddaughter (7 yo) had seen that video when she was just here, she would have immediately insisted I take her to the basement and help her turn one. Whenever she visits, she wants to turn things on my lathe. When she heard I had a little lathe, she wanted to take it home with her.

Back