• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Jim Hills for "Journey II" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 6th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Symposium in the true Southeast

I've read the threads about the 2006 symposium in Louisville. I contacted the AAW last year about hosting the 2007 or 2008 in New Orleans and couldn't get a straight answer. I even put our convention people onto them and didn't get anywhere.
Following the devistation of Katrina we now really need the business. I'm the construction Administrator for the architects building the new addition to the center and I can tell you that the facility is ready- NOW! There are hotels, restaurants, and everything else you come to New Orleans for coming back strong. By the time you get here we'll look new all over again.

It's time for the AAW to come to the true south. We're ready for you and there's lots of free turning wood available.
Capt. Eddie Castelin, The Bayou Woodturners.

Back