• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Jim Hills for "Journey II" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 6th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

'Tis The Season

Every time I hear all the hunters discussing hunting the wily and elusive turkey, I will remind myself I just missed one with a rock after taking the picture.

No rocker, no glider, nor the porch to pitch them on, so you'll just have to be satisfied with the Rhode-Island size cherry in the upper left as the woodworking content.

Attachments

• In-Season-Too.jpg
    In-Season-Too.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 139
Not to mention the wiley and elusive whitetail deer. In the far away left background (not in the picture actually) is an elm log for turning content.

Attachments

• Spike,Tami's 07 Fawn.JPG
    Spike,Tami's 07 Fawn.JPG
    86.8 KB · Views: 43
If it ain't got horns it either isn't worth chasing down or illegal ... show me the Elk.

Attachments

• hafdr.JPG
    hafdr.JPG
    90.5 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
Yours looks dead George.

Here's little Spike a few months later, and a fuzzy picture of Big Guy.

Attachments

• 1Spike 8-19-08 - Copy - Copy.JPG
    1Spike 8-19-08 - Copy - Copy.JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 37
  • BigGuy - Copy.JPG
    BigGuy - Copy.JPG
    89 KB · Views: 48
Whitetail? I thought you folks had mule deer down there. One was spread over about a hundred feet of pavement on the way home yesterday. No wreckage mixed with the parts, so it must have been one hell of a big truck.

Night responses are a bit slower now as the deer move in search of fat for winter. The passenger in the rig uses our fire number spotlight to sweep ahead of the headlights for green eyes. Better late help than no help.

Texas has mule deer too, but not in this area. We also have a number of "exotics", escaped or released from exotic game ranches. Unfortunately they out-compete the whitetail for food and can ultimately eliminate the whitetail from an area. Have seen fallow deer (ugly) and black buck in our area.

Back