• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to John Shannon for "Walnut Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 27, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Training Blanks

I have accumulated perhaps 50-100 small blanks that I will probably never turn. I would be willing to donate them to anyone with students that need started blanks.

I’ve got a pile of small blanks from coring over the last several years. I keep them around even though I don’t always turn them into finished bowls - they’re perfect for practice cuts to ‘get my mojo back’ after not turning for a couple of weeks for one reason or another. Its a good tune up on skills before pulling out the ‘keeper’ blanks.

Back