• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Turning of the Week for March 18, 2024

Bill Boehme

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
pbase.com
With all of the excellent work in the photo gallery, it is always simultaneously a difficult job and a pleasure (once I find the "right" one). My selection for the week of March 18, 2024, Column by Lorin Bruckin kept calling me back for another look. The combination of a leaning rough textured weathered oak column revealing layers of sedimentary rocks works perfectly together to invite closer study of the illusion of crumbling Ancient Greek ruins.Congratulations, Lorin.

full

With all of the excellent work in the photo gallery, it is always simultaneously a difficult job and a pleasure (once I find the "right" one). My selection for the week of March 18, 2924, Column by Lorin Bruckin kept calling me back for another look. The combination of a leaning rough textured weathered oak column revealing layers of sedimentary rocks works perfectly together to invite closer study of the illusion of crumbling Ancient Greek ruins.Congratulations, Lorin.

full
ohhh, thank you very much for selecting me Bill, I am honored. I really enjoyed making this piece, glad you like it.

Sometimes I have reservations about pieces that are carved or embellished to the point it is hard to see them as turned pieces.

Your piece is wonderful, Lorin, and celebrates a nice piece of wood without losing the turned elements.

Quite Nice!

Sometimes I have reservations about pieces that are carved or embellished to the point it is hard to see them as turned pieces.

Your piece is wonderful, Lorin, and celebrates a nice piece of wood without losing the turned elements.

Quite Nice!
hello Mike, I wanted to turn it as simply as possible to symbolize the Greek column, but also 😁😁, because the wood was incredibly hard. very happy that you like it in the end

Back