• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Jim Hills for "Journey II" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 6th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Utah Symposium Day Zero

Website
www.ralphandellen.us
Really it doesn't start until Thursday, on Wed “All” they have is, Super Wednesday at Craft Supplies, well, that and packet pickup with the Pen Makers Get-together.

Super Wednesday, well… The largest wood turning supply store in the US (maybe the world) has 10 demonstrations running, at a time, all day (well, except for lunch). Most of these demo’s are the maker/vendor showing off his product.

Craft Supplies has a “sale” on every item they stock, just for the people attending the conference or Super Weds.

Craft Supplies also has a large area set aside for selling scratch and dent/discontinued and “odd” items.

Lastly they donated several hundred dollars of items to be given out as door-prizes. Going by the numbers of the tickets, there were over 350 that attended Super Wed.

Oh, ya, they also feed you lunch

The packet pickup and Pen Makers get-together happen in the evening. After I got my packet I spent some time at the Pen Makers get-together and watched the setup for the Demo’s (10 tracks) along with the product demo area and instant gallery.

Ralph

Last edited:
Back