• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to John Shannon for "Walnut Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 27, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Vacuum Chuck for Carving Stand

Emiliano Achaval

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
hawaiiankoaturner.com
When I went to the Alaska Symposium, I was given, I'm drawing a blank on the name, like a Longworth plate, that goes on the Vicmarc chucks. I have one of those, I have not used it for at least 20 years. But I used one for my carving feet on a bowl demo. I loved it. I was able to carve the feet in half the time. I have the Vermec carving stand. I wanted to use it, but with a vacuum chuck. My good friend Mike Peace had a great solution. I bought one chuck from the Frugal Vacuum chuck guy. Mike suggested drilling and tapping a nipple for the vacuum hose. Genius! I can now carve feet with the Vermec stand, and the bowl in the vacuum chuck.

john lucas

AAW Forum Expert
You posted the photos somewhere because I saw them. I'm going g to build one. Vic from bestwood tools was going to modify his carving stand to accept a vacuum but he never did. I may try that because then I could use any of. My vacuum chucks with the stand.

Emiliano Achaval

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
hawaiiankoaturner.com
You posted the photos somewhere because I saw them. I'm going g to build one. Vic from bestwood tools was going to modify his carving stand to accept a vacuum but he never did. I may try that because then I could use any of. My vacuum chucks with the stand.
Yes, I posted a video on Instagram. I will try to post a picture here later.

Back