• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Various website updates

Website
www.woodturner.org
Ever wonder what the latest website updates are? I usually post a summary here:
website news

That link is also on the left menu on the home page! I also cleaned off some of the clutter from the bottom of the homepage and moved it here:
archived news

=======================================
Updates will also be posted to this entry in this thread
with the newest first
=======================================

The AAW Winter 2004 survey is now available here and on the homepage (11/25/04)
click here to access survey

Winter 2004 AW issue update posted (11/14/04)
AW Journal

2004 EOG page updated with new photos and article from Mark St. Leger (11/14/04)
2004 EOG page

Homepage updated (upper left column) - highlights both of those changes above (11/14/04)
homepage

2005 Exhibition rules and entry form (9/24/04)

proposed bylaws revisions (9/1/04)

2005 Chapter Challenge rules (8/30/04)

The 2004 Symposium pics have been updated. Here are links to the respective pages. I hope you enjoy them as much as I did!
Gallery index updated
Instant Gallery and Symposium in alphabetical order this year!
2004 Special Exhibition pictures
2004 Chapter Challenge results and pics

:cool2:

Last edited:
Thanks, Jeff

Great effort on the pix, and very much appreciated by those (including me!) unable to go to Florida.

Mark

Jeffs Symposium Work

Jeff: I agree with Mark and Pam. Outstanding job. I was a the meeting and it is like going back to Orlando, seeing your pictures. Thanks.

Website
www.woodturner.org
Hi Y'all, thanks for all the kudos. I had to color correct about 1/3 of the photos to get decent pics - that's why it took so long. Maybe next year I'll get a helper and have them hold a neutral color backing behind the subject.

Overall, these are a nice reminder of Orlando and another piece of history recorded on the website. There are some inspiring pieces in there. It is fascinating to see the work that people can do with wood.
:cool2:

Today, I'm reformatting the Product Order page - and will post it by Sunday. I'd like to implement an actual shopping cart but that will take some planning.

(Added Friday 9/3) The online product orderform has been updated. Folks who enter new orders will see the new order form.

To be safe, I built a couple of "demo" pages so you can see the old form and the new form....but there is no way you can accidently enter an order in these demo pages. I removed the submit button from these so you can safely view how the change will appear.

old order form - demo page
New order form - demo page

Longterm, we need to have a web shopping cart. But this should help in the nearterm.

Last edited:
Back