• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Very Large Lot of Hardwood Lumber in SoCal (All Kiln Dried)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last year I got a large amount of exotic and domestic hardwoods from an auction at a custom furniture maker in Pomona who went out of business. I’m realizing it is just more wood than I will ever use in my lifetime. I would like this stash to go to a good home where it will be used properly.

I have well over 500 bd/ft. it’s enough to fill a full size pick up truck bed. I can run some through the planer if you want to see more detailed pictures. I can also send pictures with my moisture meter stuck into it… it’s all at 8-10%

The majority of the boards are 4/4 but there is a LOT of 8/4+ up to 20/4. 80% of the boards are between 7-8 feet long and 4-14” wide. All the boards are kiln dried and have been stored inside. (I moved it all outside so I could take some pictures). Some is S4S, some S2S, most is rough sawn. All the boards are straight with some minor checking on some of them (less than 6”)
Within the lot, there is:

Walnut (A lot of it)
Mahogany
African Mahogany
Sapele
Oak
Ash
Cherry
Maple (some Birds Eye/quilted)
And many more…

I am willing to deliver it locally in Southern California within 100 miles. I live in north LA County (Valencia area). I’d prefer to sell the entire lot at once. $6/bd ft for the lot = $3000
Cash, Zelle, Venmo or Credit Card (+3%) are acceptable.
-John
balzonia AT hotmail DOT com
Or message thru the site

Thanks for looking - I’m happy to answer ANY questions or set up a visit to come see it in person.

Attachments

• IMG_4989.jpeg
    IMG_4989.jpeg
    558.1 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_4991.jpeg
    IMG_4991.jpeg
    445 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_5017.jpeg
    IMG_5017.jpeg
    681.5 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_5018.jpeg
    IMG_5018.jpeg