• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Vicmarc 120/150 availability

Besides craftsupplies, Packard and woodworkers Emporium who else carries the VM120? They appear to be backordered 33mm x 3.5 for now. Are there other compatible chucks that accept Vicmarc 120/150 jaws.
Thanks
Dennis W

You didn't say whether you wanted direct thread or insert, but I saw that woodworkers Emporium has in stock the VM150 without jaws that uses an insert.

Thanks Bill for the response.
Doesn’t matter I but prefer the prethreaded. I already own a VM150. I was looking to buy an additional Vicmarc vm120 no jaws. Craftsupply should be getting them in a few weeks.. I’ll have to wait.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back in mid Feb when I was (still is) looking for a VM 100 direct LH threaded chuck at Woodworkers Emporium, the guy I talked to said they should be getting 2 ship containers of Vicmarc stuff from down under in late March / early April. BUT he couldn't tell me if a VM 100 direct LH threaded chuck would be in the shipment. Said to check back with him mid April. So maybe you can check back with W. E. mid April and see if they have what you're looking for.

Someone further up the chain of command would have access to the purchase order and what they expect to have shipped to them from overseas. Depending on the size of the company this person may have various responsibilities which include the purchasing agent duties. This might be the manager or even the owner that decides what they bring in on larger shipments.

Vicmarc will also sell direct and ship to the USA. I have placed a few orders over the years (chucks and accessories) and it has always been more economical, even with shipping costs than buying from a USA dealer.

Thanks Tom. I didn’t know that you can order direct. Craft supplies got their shipment in today. With the spring promotion, I ordered my 2nd Vicmarc but without jaws.

Emiliano Achaval

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
hawaiiankoaturner.com
Besides craftsupplies, Packard and woodworkers Emporium who else carries the VM120? They appear to be backordered 33mm x 3.5 for now. Are there other compatible chucks that accept Vicmarc 120/150 jaws.
Thanks
Dennis W
I order direct from Vicmarc. Great people. Fast service. And maybe cheaper...

Back