• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Jim Hills for "Journey II" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 6th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Wood Burning/Pyrography Workshop Help

My club (Woodworkers of CNY) is looking for a person who can demonstrate and teach a workshop for 20-25 members on wood burning / pyrography - soup to nuts We are hoping to schedule it for this summer and would hope that everyone attending would have their own equipment but if the instructor has extra sets, that would be great also. We would likely hold an evening all member talk by the demonstrator and then hold the workshop on the next day, a Saturday. Depending upon the interest, we might also hold the workshop on Sunday.- either an extension of the Saturday workshop or a duplicate of the Saturday workshop.
We already contacted Lora Irish (not doing traveling workshops) and a few others with no luck or response so far and are looking for your suggestions. Any ideas are welcome. Of course this may not happen in 2022 as we are rather late in trying to schedule. We realize that it may have to happen in 2023 instead.
Thanks in advance for your ideas.

My club (Woodworkers of CNY) is looking for a person who can demonstrate and teach a workshop for 20-25 members on wood burning / pyrography - soup to nuts We are hoping to schedule it for this summer and would hope that everyone attending would have their own equipment but if the instructor has extra sets, that would be great also. We would likely hold an evening all member talk by the demonstrator and then hold the workshop on the next day, a Saturday. Depending upon the interest, we might also hold the workshop on Sunday.- either an extension of the Saturday workshop or a duplicate of the Saturday workshop.
We already contacted Lora Irish (not doing traveling workshops) and a few others with no luck or response so far and are looking for your suggestions. Any ideas are welcome. Of course this may not happen in 2022 as we are rather late in trying to schedule. We realize that it may have to happen in 2023 instead.
Thanks in advance for your ideas.
Did you ask Molly Winton? I don’t know if she does this, but she has the pyrography and teaching skills.

Tom Gall

TOTW Team
Soup to nuts? Depends on if you want more artwork type burning or more texturing type burning.
Here are some woodturners you might check out to see their work and whether they are willing to travel.

Janice Levi - Donna Banfield. - Jacques Vesery. - Michael Kehs

I don't think Molly does the woodburning any more, she developed lung issues if I remember correctly.

robo hippy

john lucas

AAW Forum Expert
Cynthia Carden. Used be cynthia gibson if your having trouble finding her. One of the best at pyrography for turning.

The AAW web site has a feature with which you can search for demonstators. Out of curiosity, I tried looking for pyrography and the search engine couldn't cope. There are 'decorative' and 'embellishment' options, which together produce 133 responses. Since that's a lot of names to filter through, I'd suggest you contact Donna Banfield over in New Hampshire. She should know the folks who would be ideal for you, if she doesn't think she'd be your best choice.

Back