• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Woodturning teachers

does anyone know of woodturning teachers coming to western Canada this year to teach courses? At woodturning clubs or stores that are taking students!

I am interested in any and all classes that I could attend this year and next.

Emiliano Achaval

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
hawaiiankoaturner.com
does anyone know of woodturning teachers coming to western Canada this year to teach courses? At woodturning clubs or stores that are taking students!

I am interested in any and all classes that I could attend this year and next.
Come to Maui for some one on one lessons with me Glenn! You will remember my offer when it minus 50 degrees, LOL

Glenn, if you decide to go to Maui, I'll gladly carry your bags for you if you buy me a ticket :)
Seriously, the national symposium in Portland, OR would be a possible place to make those kind of contacts...just a thought.
If you decide to fly to Tennessee, I recommend Arrowmont.

Yeah, I can’t get there , summer my busiest time.
I’m booked for three courses here this year.
Stephen Kennard
Jimmy Clewes
And Graeme Priddle and Melissa Engler

But really would like notification on any other turners coming here for classes.

Emiliano Achaval

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
hawaiiankoaturner.com

Emiliano Achaval

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
hawaiiankoaturner.com
Yeah, I can’t get there , summer my busiest time.
I’m booked for three courses here this year.
Stephen Kennard
Jimmy Clewes
And Graeme Priddle and Melissa Engler

But really would like notification on any other turners coming here for classes.
Sounds like you are going to have a lot fun! World class masters!

Not sure if these are close enough. Chinook Woodturners in Lethbridge had J Paul Fennel a couple weeks ago. (chinookwoodturners.org) They seem to have a lot of enthusiasm and may be bringing in other pros in the near future. Glacier Woodturners in Kalispell, MT seem to have given up on their web site, but they are supposed to still be meeting and hosting demos. (glacierwoodturner.org)

Back