• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Woody Collingwood

I’m retired and live in Sioux Falls, SD. I started woodturning about 7 years ago. While still in the novice category, I’m venturing out into more embellishments on my work, and have started to do some segmenting. Although I’ve been an AAW member since I started turning, I’ve never pursued the AAW Forum, but I’m really looking forward to it. I don’t have any shop pics, but here are a few photos of recent pieces. Credit and inspired by Nick Agar, Glenn Lucas, Malcolm Tibbetts and Neil Turner. Thanks for allowing me access!

Attachments

• IMG_0501.jpeg
    IMG_0501.jpeg
    496.4 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0478.jpeg
    IMG_0478.jpeg
    309.6 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0327.jpeg
    IMG_0327.jpeg
    826.7 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0052.jpeg
    IMG_0052.jpeg
    348.7 KB · Views: 32

Michael Anderson

Super Moderator
Staff member
TOTW Team
Hi Woody, welcome from Chattanooga! Love your pieces—very creative. That last, heavily carved vase is especially cool. Good stuff!

Tom Gall

TOTW Team
Nice stuff, Jim. Love the Neil Turner inspired piece. I made one and only went about a third of the way around - underestimated the time it takes to do that carving - and had to finish it quickly for a club exchange piece.

Tom Gall

TOTW Team
Thank you Mr. Gall. That flame vase was fun, but very challenging and a new road for me. Neil is amazing with the work he does.
Yes, he makes some beautiful stuff. I was fortunate to sit next to him and chat one-on-one for an hour or so while he was carving a piece. That was about 10 years ago. Very talented and a really nice guy!

Back