• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
Cored Chinese Elm Set
B

Cored Chinese Elm Set

This Chinese Elm set was rough cored in 2007 5 years ago. Warping was considerable after 5 years but surprisingly enough, no cracking at all. The thickness of each rough turned bowl was the commonly used 10 % of the diameter of each. Even after voiding all of the moisture content, they remained considerably densely heavy and did not turn as easy as other woods I have cored. The bowls are finished with Mike Mahoneys Walnut Oil and Wax which really popped the grain. From the large bowl to the smallest, their sizes are 12 Dia. X 4, 9 Dia. X 2, 6.5 Dia. X 1.5 and 3.75 Dia. X .75.
Reactions: Jim McLain
Thank you Odie! I have cored a few bowl sets but none have had the beautiful look that these present to my eye anyway. This set shows nature at it's best. Thanks again Odie for liking them.

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
Bill Pottorf
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Device