1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. ATTENTION FORUM MEMBERS!

Guest, if you have not yet updated your forum bookmark to a secure log in connection, please delete your unsecure book and add the following secure bookmark: https://www.aawforum.org/community/index.php

You can dismiss this notice by clicking the X in the upper right of the notice box.

Dismiss Notice

Tamping Stand for Espresso Maker

Discussion in 'Marketplace Archives' started by Robert Silber, Apr 29, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robert Silber

Robert Silber

Location (City & State):
    Centreville, VA
    I would like to have a cylinder made into which I would place a metal cup that would be filled with coffee grounds. Could I interest anyone?

Bob

2. Tom Albrecht

Tom Albrecht

Location (City & State):
    Evanston, IL USA
    Dimensions?

3. Robert Silber

Robert Silber

Location (City & State):
    Centreville, VA
    See photos. Measurements are approximate.

Attached Files:

4. Gerald Lawrence

Gerald Lawrence

Location (City & State):
    Brandon, MS
    1.What are you looking to do with this ?
    2. How tall do you want , only the height?
    3. How thick?

This kinda gets into lots of questions with out a verbal conversation.

5. Robert Silber

Robert Silber

Location (City & State):
    Centreville, VA
    Hi Gerald,

As I shared with Tom earlier, the stand would allow people who make espresso at home to fill a type of coffee basket called a “portafilter” with coffee grounds more easily and cleanly. The attached photos show what this portafilter looks like and some of the pertinent measurements.

I’d like to have it made in a wood close in color and texture to the third photo. The wood shown in that third photo was described as “spalted tamarind.”

I agree that talking is better. If you’d like to do a video chat via FaceTime, please let me know your number via email sent to me at rmsilber@gmail.com.

Tom and I are exploring this but I’d like to be able to see what will work best for all concerned.

Bob

Attached Files:

6. Robert Silber

Robert Silber

Location (City & State):
    Centreville, VA
    All,

With apologies, I thought I’d serve you better by reposting the subject item of interest and add details so you can figure out if the project is worth your while.

The tamping stand allows people who make espresso at home to fill a type of coffee basket called a “portafilter” with coffee grounds more easily and cleanly. The attached photos show what this portafilter looks like and some of the approximate measurements.

The project is to make a hollowed cylinder from an artfully attractive wood that is polished on the outside and treated to be moisture resistant inside the hollow. The wood would be close in color and texture to the one in the third photo which was described as as “spalted tamarind.”

Ideally, you will live fairly close to Fairfax, VA, a suburb of Washington, DC. That way, we can work closely without the bother of imprecise emails and text messages.

If this interests you, please feel free to email me at rmsilber@gmail.com.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.