• Welcome Ornamental Turning International members. CLICK HERE to go to the new OTI forum.

To read the announcement, CLICK HERE.
  • Congratulations to Steve Nix for "Osage Orange Vase Recycled" being selected as Turning of the Week of December 5, 2022 (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Lou Jacobs winner of the November 2022 Turning Challenge (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Browse albums

Media comments

• Twist on a theme
    Thanks Chris, and thanks to all the "Likes" The twisted finials and the hanger part were turned from comp wood. Comp wood is wood that has been compressed long ways, interesting stuff more at Puretimber.com
    They (?) say, just soak it and bend it, however I found hot water makes coaxing things...
  • Canarywood Lidded Dome Box
    Thanks guys! I appreciate the kind words.
  • Twist on a theme
    Wait... What?... Nicely done Clifton ! I really like it - very emotive and fun. Did you steam the finials to do that?
  • Hollow Form Evolution
    To me, the design of the legs fight with the style of the vessel. Like putting Queen Anne legs on a piece of shaker furniture. Just my opinion of course.
  • Hollow Form Evolution
    Wow! I really like the way this turned out.

Media statistics

Categories
Albums
Uploaded media
Embedded media
Comments
Disk usage
3.1 GB