• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
Back Country Stream
G

Back Country Stream

Oops I uploaded the picture before I typed in the information. This is another of my Back Country Stream vessels, with a bit more colour this time. The timber is Macrocarpa and the finish is artist quality acrylic paints and Lacquer. The size is 120mm in height by 160mm in diameter. Cheers Gordon Pembridge

Gordon this piece is wonderful. The combination of carving, shape and color, especially the way you seem to vary the color on the inside is exquisite.

In real life this is even better than the photo .how can a photo portray a master piece
Well done mate

very ncie

You guys sure do some really nice work down there in New Zealand.

This is a real work of art. I like the colors and piercing very much, but from a purely personal perspective, I find myself wishing that the underlying wood was clearly visible somewhere on the piece. If you aren't going to show off the wood, what's the point of making it out of wood? But that's just my opinion, and opinions are worth exactly what you pay for them. It's a fantastic piece no matter how you look at it.

Ed

It's as superb as the others you have uploaded. Maybe you could show the other sides as well. It looks like there are some more interesting colors, etc.

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
Gordon Pembridge
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename