• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
Bookmatched Curly Maple  / Pierced Bowl
Scott Regenbogen

Bookmatched Curly Maple / Pierced Bowl

This piece of booked matched curly maple didn't need much to enhance it, so I thought some subtle piercing would work. This piece is a bit deeper and more "bowl-like" than the platter I did with a similar look. About 2" h x 10.5" dia
Very creative and excellent enhancement. It adds greatly to the piece. I think I'd like it better if the bowl was one piece instead of bookmarked. Then the piercing wouldn't compete at all with the bookmarking. But, it's a great piece.

Thanks for the compliment, Dale. I happened to grab this book matched curly out of the scrap bin where I used to work. I guess it was too narrow to meet their specs, so I grabbed it. I have another piece in my gallery that's similar made from one wide piece of curly, and I too like that one a bit more. And hey Michael, I think it's some form of Alien language, but I'm not sure as my brain was slightly addled from the burning maple fumes!

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
Scott Regenbogen
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename